Day 1


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
July 25th 2006
Published: July 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

flight was choice and long and GnT went down a treat 😊

I am currently sweating like a bitch in 36deg... see pained grin in attached photo.. HGB is faring worse, complaining of polluted lungs, headaches, and unbearable heat.

Just been crising round HK on foot today - it's fuckin smoggy as the chinese factory city that makes your nice shoes and new T-shirt is upwind and the polyester residue is drifting over. It loks loke it's clearing - everyone says it'll clear - then they charge you 60c for a bottled water and $22 to copy a cd (having trouble figuring this one out). On the up-side, i feel it's rejuvenating my terribly worn clothes.

Hayden's mate Will who we're staying with is a pom - but surprisingly choice! He hooked us up with a taxi from the airport last night, then set cold beers and a microwave roast infront of us before bed. He lives alone.. it shows... But he does have a spare bed, and has been watching our bottles of D.free intently - i see great promise in this one!

Internet's hard to find, and after initial success with gobal roaming on our cellphones we both fell into the same trap and managed to lock ourselves out of our phnes (Jen, you'll be happy to know I was first 😉 ) Been trying to unlock them today but it's looking difficult, crazy eh? Too much time and not enough self restraint - we probably bought it on ourselves.

Alright, it's 5pm here at the mo, still no sky but i have a feeling the sun's about to disappear. I sent HGB off home early and best scarpa off home before it gets dark and the ladies of the night come out.

wish you guys could all be here to suffer alongside us,
K.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb