Touristy things!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
June 19th 2006
Published: June 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Chi Lin Nunnery Chi Lin Nunnery Chi Lin Nunnery

This was the main part of the nunnery, excluding the Buddha statues!
This morning it was raining for the first time since we arrived and so we changed our plans slightly. We got the metro from Tin Hau to Diamond Hill back on mainland Hong Kong. From here we took a short walk to Chi Lin Nunnery. It was really beautiful and peaceful and even though it was raining it only seemed to make it more tranquil. There were lots of massive golden Buddha statues and monks, but we weren't allowed to take pictures of the Buddha
statue, so we took some nice ones of the inside of the nunnery. Outside, there was a Lotus Pond garden, which was also really nice to look at.

Later we got on the metro and went to 'Tsim Sha Tsui' and to the 'Avenue of Stars!' Here there were handprints of lots of famous Asian actors and actresses including Jet Li and Jackie Chan, who has the same size hands as Jack! It was right on the harbour and the view was really good, looking back onto the island. We could spot our hotel as well!

Tonight we went to the 'Golden Bahunia Square' to see the spectacular laser and light show. This is beasically loads of the high rise buildings with lasers and different colour flashing lights, which looks pretty cool. Before this we had wanted a quick meal and found ourselves getting roped into sitting in a French style restaurant by the man outside! We only wanted a main meal, but he said he'd give us a 'special' of a soup, starter, coffe and dessert free, included in the price of one main meal. Even the chef came out with his beef and tiger prawns. However one look a the prices on the menu, even for one main meal, and the little time we had we sort of did a runner, claiming we hadn't got any money out. We said we'd be two minutes and haven't been back. Hope they're not still waiting!
Instead we stumbled upon a street stall and bravely bought some genuine Chinese style food. We had curried fish balls, what we think was some deep fried chicken and fried vegtables. It turned out to be pretty nice and only cost two pounds.

Since then we've seen the 'Bottoms Up Club' from the James Bond ' The Man with the Golden Gun,' so Jack wants to go there
Bex Bex Bex

looking at the view of Hong Kong Island from Kowloon
before we leave, but Bex is a bit wary because of the description Jack gave of it from the film!

Tomorrow night we leave Hong Kong for Bangkok, so we may not get a chance to update till we arrive in Bangkok.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Jackie ChanJackie Chan
Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan's hands!


20th June 2006

I am so jealous.
22nd June 2006

ok
The women sitting around are the domestic staff and factory workers as sunday is their only day off. Are you o.k. in Bangkok?
23rd June 2006

Have you arrived in Bangkok ok?

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb