Hong Kong to Macau


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
January 9th 2010
Published: January 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just a short update on the past week from travelling from Hong Kong to Macau.

We left Hong Kong on Wednesday morning, (or so we planned to leave then) but Andrew had a few places he had to visit to purchase more protein powder before we left Hong Kong. We finally left just after lunch time to catch the train from Causeway Bay to Sheng Wai to board the ferry for Macau.

We booked the hotel (The Best Western) the night before online (off wotif.com) to take advantage of the free transfers from Ferry Terminal to Hotel and back.

The ferry was more like a big speedboat! Big and red. and very Fast compared to the slow ferrys we caught in Thailand.

The Ferry terminal was very similar to the airport having customs and immigration!

We bought out tickets for $130 HKD (=14AUD) to Macau Terminal. Pretty cheap travel.

The speedboat was rough but not to bad to travel on. I got the window seat as Andrew had the last plane seat. (He didnt mind tho lol).

The journey was just over 1 hr and we were glad to get off. We then went
Gold Coloured Horse and CarriageGold Coloured Horse and CarriageGold Coloured Horse and Carriage

Located out the front of the Grand Emperor Casino

The sign for the Grand Emporer Hotel
through customs and went searching for our hotel bus. When we walked outside there were people everywhere! Mainly casino workers promoting the casinos and lots of bus people trying to find their customers through the crowds! Was really nice to see happy people though.
It was freezing cold weather with our down jackets on with our large back packs, but yet the young girls who were paid to dress showing lots of skin would of been freezing!!!!

We eventually found our bus and boarded for the hotel. A quick trip to Taipai kept us looking out the windows at all the tall casinos and people everywhere!

Once we checked in we were given the card to our room!! Woooo very fancy. Massive queen bed with white luxury sheets, a hairdryer (which i have longed for!!), a mini bar fridge, a kettle, a bath (UNLIMITED HOT WATER), air con (not that we would even think about using it) and a nice big TV. very luxury for us!!

We got changed and had to be ready for the shuttle bus to take us around to the casinos (also free with the room).
Gold Bars and Diamonds Gold Bars and Diamonds Gold Bars and Diamonds

Located under the floor


Our first stop was Andrews choice, The City of Dreams. Created by the one and only James Packer! (Must i add that my sister Allison is related as Great cousin - told her to pass it on to him! LOL)

We then visited Venetian, which was nice and then the Plaza. They were both as impressive as the city of dreams just in a different styles.

We had definately got over it after that and being around 2am we decided to go home and get some sleep. Caught a cab back to hotel which was cheap too.

We didnt end up falling asleep until 4ish. And then we slept like logs! Such a good sleep though on a real bed that was comfortable and luxurious!


The following night we headed to the other famous casinos on macau island but first we visited historic architectural buildings that were extremely old in the main centre of town.

The first of the casinos we tried tonight was The Grand Emporer. GRAND for sure. When we walked into the door way they had bars of real gold under the floors with diamonds around! They surrounded a fountain that flowed full of water. Amazed at the real gold and diamonds we took photos!! The casino was over the top grand and we felt so out of place in jeans and joggers!! We headed next to the Lisboa Casino which was built in 1960's and was very classic casino style! Then we went to its newer brother, the the Grand Lisboa which was busy as, but not our cup of tea.

Out of all we both think City of Dreams was the best Casino.. but this is probably just because of our western perspectives.

We had a great time in Macau but think 2 days there was enough!

Lots of Love,

Amy & Andrew xxxxxxxxxxxxxx






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Grand Emperor CasinoThe Grand Emperor Casino
The Grand Emperor Casino

Typical - massive building and lots of ligths
Main shopping areaMain shopping area
Main shopping area

This is where all the Portugese style buildings are


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb