Sissors


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
November 25th 2008
Published: November 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Down the marketDown the marketDown the market

Frogs beware!
Hello Pommies, hope you are all doing well back in blighty?

A wee update on our travels....

I think the last time we wrote we were about to go out with the Phnom Penh Hash House Harriers. Which involved us jumping into the back of a big truck and heading out to the Cambodian countryside for a run (very safe, honest). We made it, no limbs lost through land mines, we ran (in a very slow walking style) and had a thoroughly good afternoon. Afterwards we then drank booze from potties, and were blessed by a dildo (apparently this is something that happens to all virgin Hashers however Ihave my reservations), and made friends will all the local westerners that do this every week.

Next morning we donned our rucksacks and headed for Saigon. We made it on one piece, and found a nice bar by the side of the road to watch the sea of mopeds fly by contemplating how we might one day cross it.

Next day we did the sights which understandably are based around the French occupation and the Vietnam war. Rach had to put on a shirt on to cover up as half of Saigon seemed to be oogling at her. The market was fascinating. Frogs being beheaded by sissors, rats running around at will, Fishes trying to swim away when there were in a bowl the size of a saucepan. Still, they tasted nice for our dinner.

I got stuck in the Cui Cui Viet-cong tunnels, and after a panic attack made it out (it was so small, just glad i was following a small japanesse man as oppose to a Rick Waller-esq yank.

Went for a curry that night, it was so authentic that Rachael even met her match.

Headed to Mui Ne for some Beach side R&R. Then to the Mekong Delta. Best bits were waving at the kids, and trying the free rice candy samples (we love a free feed).

Last day in Vitenam and I think all of the Mopeds were getting to us. They are on the road on there horns, then they are on the pavements on there horns, then the shops and cafes.... We saw a very bad accident that really turned our stomachs. Taxi, moped, head on, dead.

So, now in Hong Kong and loving it. Great place.

Need to get off now as I need to exit the PC.

A few questions....
After watching the Vietnam equivalanet Rach wants to know if Austin still in Strictly (Fran can you oblige).

Can someone explain what is going on with the English rugby team? I have not seen the games however I am now expecting a torent of abuse when I reach Oz?



Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb