After "Work Hard" and "Play Hard", time for "Hike Hard"


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
January 28th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Launtau LagoonLauntau LagoonLauntau Lagoon

Islands off the coast of Lantau
Incredibly, I have been quite good at sticking to my New Year's Resolution number 543: Go Hiking And Exploring Hong Kong More.

Excluding last week end (which has been miserable weather wise) I spent the last three week ends sauntering about up in the mountains of Hong Kong. Actually let me requalify that, it's more like panting, dragging myself over the mountains of Hong Kong. But the effort is worth it! In under an hour's transport time you can be somewhere very exotic away from the madding crowd. You can be standing on top of a green hill gazing into the azure coloured lagoons of Hong Kong. You can feel that you have reached an ultimate exotic spot, totally unexplored (and then you can turn the corner and go to the Mega Mall hidden behind the mountain - naaaah just kidding, there are actually quite wild spots, even on Hong Kong island itself 😊.

I will let the pictures (and my accompanying witty comments) speak for themselves..


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Snow WhiteSnow White
Snow White

In the heart of the peaceful fishing village of Tai O you can find this incredibly kitchtastic collection of garden gnomes.. (After all, Disneyland is only a 20 min drive away..)
Catch of the dayCatch of the day
Catch of the day

One of these two is a shark, a predatory animal living on the edge and taking its job of scaring its environment very seriously. The other one is a dead fish.
Danger DangerDanger Danger
Danger Danger

The Famous Dragon's Back Hike: The warning sign does state that "This section of trail is very difficult and suitable only for experienced and well-equipped hikers". Oooooh scary...
HK Trail section 5HK Trail section 5
HK Trail section 5

India Jones team


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb