HONGUS KONGUS!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
June 14th 2007
Published: June 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone



We landed in Hong Kong at 7am and our initial impressions were that it was clean and efficient at the very least, later this was to be proven categorically incorrect!

Without much fuss we located our Hotel with our sweaty cream crackered bodies weary from jet lag!

"You muss wait til ereven o'cock" the fat ugly Chinese Hotelier told us!

In the end we got to bed about 10am as we had been let in early ( I think we've been stiched up $$$ chu ching if you get what I mean )...

Fast forward a little and we've eaten in a skanky market place that smelt like a public bog, got a Tram to the highest point in Hongus Kongus and saw loads of clouds (lousy weather) and missed the "Amazing Super lights show" something HK is famous for apparently.

Enter the Japanese restaurant and a meal "easily big enough for two" (quote from waiter).. 12 bloody strips of raw fish no bigger than a bourban biscuit!! I went ballistic, but like good boys and girls we paid the 300 HK$ and made our way out and went to KFC (great, now
I feel like a redneck, eating KFC in HK)

Hong Kong is B***ocks

Which brings me to today, where we went on a tour around Hong Kong to really capture the essence of the place, I got out of bed nice and early.. Lesley was surprisingly already dressed and ready to go, so I pulled myself together and we went out for breakfast.. They stop serving breakfast before 4 o'clock so my plan was foiled and we ended up having noodles (AGAIN!) and some delicious pork with *extra* bones yum yum!!

After the upteenth crapy meal we've eaten so far (how do these people survive on such pooh food!) we went to the delightful market where fresh fish in Tesco looks stale.. Lesley watched on in fascination and the happy man joyfully smashed the Salmon over the head and chopped it up with his happy big choppy knife thing (you know, the butcher knife thing), it's heart was still pumping, which you could see as he placed it on the ice!!

"That's quality" Said Lesley (or that might have been me)

So we made our way to the Happy Caged Live Chicken Stall... I'll let you use your imagination with that one...

Anyway, I'm sure I've lost most people by now, but for those I haven't, the rest of the entries shouldn't be this long is just that we've had to catch up 3 days...

We'll post some pictures as soon as we can find a place to upload them!

Miss you all...

Oh yeah, we made the light show in the end today and it was hardly a spectacle, in fact it was rubbish.. Guy Fawlkes is better... Bring on Bangkok!

Lot's of Love & Bubbles

Andi & Lesley



Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb