A Shore Excursion to an Orthopedic Surgeon in Hong Kong, China


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
February 3rd 2024
Published: February 10th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Tour Day116, Cruise Day 14 – Day at Sea

Tour Day 117, Cruise Day 15 – Day at Sea – While on a shore excursion in Laem Chabang (Bangkok), Thailand on 23 JAN, I visited the Pattaya Buddha Mountain and, while gawking at the surroundings and not paying attention to the task at hand (walking), I missed a single step down from the sidewalk to the parking lot, lost my balance, fell and stretched out my right hand to break my fall. No bounce, just plop! OUCH!!! I paid a visit to the ship’s infirmary upon return to the ship, and Xray revealed I had severely cracked my right radius (the big bone in the forearm) just below the elbow. Fortunately, there was no displacement, and a splint (half a cast) was applied to keep everything aligned so no displacement occurs. The ship’s doctor recommended I see an orthopedic surgeon in Hong Kong. I agreed. The doc made all the arrangements. On Saturday, 03 FEB, the port agent met me at medical and escorted me to a waiting limo for the ride to the doctor’s office. As expected, the surgeon wanted new x-rays. An assistant walked with me to the x-ray facility, about a block away, waited for the procedure and walked me back to the doctor’s office. A new, slightly different, splint was fashioned and applied. The clerk called the limo driver. About two minutes after I arrived curbside, the limo driver arrived and returned me to the ship. I made my way to the infirmary, and the doc reviewed my x-rays and the surgeon’s notes. I will be aboard the ship until it returns to Hong Koong om 02 MAR and will see the surgeon again. If everything goes well, I will be able to get rid of the splint. Just a nanosecond for you to feel sorry for me – have you ever brushed your teeth with your non-dominant hand? Or wiped your …? Practice, practice, practice. Okay, the pity party is over. Now, onward with the task at hand – having fun!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb