In the beginning...


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Wan Chai
February 19th 2009
Published: February 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: Life on the road began when we got to Hong Kong, and met our snazzy little Cantonese lady, Kenniess. She had a wonky fringe, silly jokes, and a warming personality. She took us to the big circular building, which was to be our hotel (South Pacific Hotel) for our stay. We then fell asleep for the day, beginning our jet lag for the week. That evening we rode on a skinny tram like the Knight Bus from Harry Potter around town.

Day 2: We woke up at 4:30am (jet lag) and played cards until breakfast. We decided, as it was 'all you can eat', to eat all we could eat. We were full. We had an after-breakfast nap at 10, but this surpassed the alotted time, and we woke up at 14:02, making us 2 minutes late for our tour. We quickly got ready, and were downstairs for 10 past...and not even the last! On the tour we went to Victoria Peak, which had some ace views, despite the visability being quite low. Next stop was a tour on a sampan (water taxi) around a floating village. Can't say we're envious of the villagers... Our trip concluded with an authentic Chinese meal...Dan loved...Julia hated. The food served included algea, squid and 'bile soup'. Julia then went to MacDonalds.

Day 3: Another early morning with the jet lag. We went to breakfast at 7 (when it opened), armed with magazines, ate breakfast, and did crosswords until 10:00, when we had an early lunch there, and left when it closed. After checking out our hotel, we began our second tour at the largest temple in Hong Kong. This was quite an experience...Hundreds of Chinese people walked around with incense sticks burning, and nodding their heads at statues, not something you see every day! Next stop was Hong Kongs nicest toilet...very average. Last stop on the tour was a Jade market, where we haggled a bracelet from $65 to $30...bargain.

Then off to the airport to head to New Zealand....


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



27th February 2009

WOW!!!!!
my goodness that looks absolutely amazing i am so jealous.
28th February 2009

:)
Looks like u are having a fab time! :D Loved all your pics. The bus does look like the one from Harry Potter! I am not surprised u didnt like that meal ju-bile soup-ewwww :| xxxx
4th March 2009

You made it!!!
Glad you both made it safe and sound if not a little knackered by the sound of it!! Your photos are fab - keep them coming - am taking your mum for some "retail therapy" next pay day - so no doubt she'll bore you with everything she's bought - well she won't be able to tell Tony will she?? Take care both

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb