Day 1 - A whirlwind trip around Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » The Peak
September 22nd 2017
Published: September 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Well, this is our first attempt at a Blog. We are sitting in Hong Kong Airport waiting for our overnight flight to Amsterdam after a whirlwind tour of Hong Kong. Landed just after 3.00pm and after getting through customs, we caught the train into Hong Kong and, after a lengthy wait in hot and humid conditions, got a cab to the Peak Tram. Another long queue but it moved at a reasonable rate and we made it to the Peak in good time to see the spectacular views of Hong Kong in daylight and on a pretty smog free day (due to the wind).

We'd worked up a thirst by then so stopped at Bubba Gump Restaurant at the Peak for an icy cold beer, sashimi and tempura vegetables. Jenny went over the top with a nice cold sake. After that she was on her ear for the rest of the day!! By the time we left the Peak, the sun had set and the magnificent lights of HK were laid out before us. One of the buildings on the Kowloon side had a remarkable light show.

We caught the Star ferry across to Kowloon but we were starting
Sashimi to die forSashimi to die forSashimi to die for

with dry ice volcano
to run out of steam so, after a short lap of the shops (and a delicious mango, coconut and aloe drink) we caught the bus to Kowloon and train back to the airport.

A luxurious shower in the Lounge and a glass of red and we are now ready for a decent sleep on the flight.

By the way, we were fortunate to be upgraded to Business Class on the leg from Perth to HK so that was a nice start to our trip!!

Mike & Jen


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb