Grant and Rae's NZ Trip


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » The Peak
January 2nd 2012
Published: January 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Over the South China SeaOver the South China SeaOver the South China Sea

From our cable car
Yesterday's blog disappeared into the ether - blogging seems a lot like golf: once you think that you've mastered it,it comes back and bites you in the ass!

So,recapping................didn't have a great night's sleep after the bells but didn't get up early to go to the gym! Went to church instead,St. Anthony's,up a very steep hill and boasting a very good choir (not quite as good as Military Wives,though).

Decided to go to Lantau Island to see the big Buddha (and it is BIG). So we took a tram and then the underground to Tung Chung on Lantau. I had to buy a hat to protect my sensitive forehead and nose - it was shorts weather (and I forgotten to pack a hat)! We bought passes for the cable car from a "ticket tout" which saved us about 2 hours queueing. The ride was spectacular - about 4 miles in length over the South China sea and some inhospitable countryside! It took us to Ngong Ping plateau. Well worth a visit.

Got back to the hotel fairly shattered,ate and started packing for tomorrow's leg of the journey to Auckland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Tung Chung Tung Chung
Tung Chung

From the cable car
Big Buddha Big Buddha
Big Buddha

In the distance
Big BuddhaBig Buddha
Big Buddha

Closest


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb