Day 3 & 4 Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island » Aberdeen
July 29th 2017
Published: August 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of our Big Bus Pass, once again we crossed the Harbour in the Star Ferry. We had decided today we would do our Sampan Ride, at Aberdeen. It wasn't the traditional Sampan we had seen in the movies but one connected to Big Bus ride. we got off at Aberdeen, the yachts all anchored here were worth at least a few million dollars each, so we puttered around them and then the house/fishing boats. I fully understand why the government is trying to get all the fisherman off the boats and onto land accommodation, they were just not really habitable, let alone safe. We were glad we had decided to do the peak yesterday as today it was very misty/smoggy. It was exceeding hot and humid today and there were so many people out and about. The traffic was horrendous. The bus was always late getting to the pick up points and we had to stand and wait a few times. We got off at "The Ladies Markets", we were very disappointed in these not what we had expected after reading the info, just junk market stalls. We had lunch at The London Chinese restaurant. It was yum cha and we were the only non Asians there. It was really hard to get anyone to come with the trolleys to our table, and no one really spoke English. We did manage to get a few things which we decided was enough for lunch and at least it was cool in there.

After quickly walking through the markets we had decided we had enough of the heat and humidity and waited for the bus. After waiting over an hour we decided to get a cab, only to have the bus pull up just as we were already in the cab. The driver didn't know how to get to our area Tsim Sha Tsui, he had only driven in the few blocks of Mong Kok which is only a couple of stations away from Tsim Sha Tsui. Clem used the phone the hotel gave us with maps etc. and directed him. The cabs here don't have GPS and are old Toyota Crowns. Most of the other cars we see here are luxury cars such as Porsches, Lamborginis, Maseratis, plenty of Mercedes and lots of Teslas. we even saw a Bentley Convertible and Rolls Royce.

I bought a new phone just before we left a Samsung Galaxy 8 and am still learning to use it. I have always taken photos on a camera. I have yet to learn how to download the photos from my phone so I am just using the photos Clem takes. for these blogs.

Tonight as it was the last day of our Bus Pass we decided to do the night tour included. Once again we were a bit disappointed with this tour. I think we expected to see more Neon Type lights and streets lit up like in Taipei or New York,but there weren't many, although the some of the buildings were lit up and they looked good.

After the Night Tour we were all exhausted and decided to eat at the Indian restaurant across the road from the Hotel. It was excellent food . There are so many different types of restaurants here but we are trying to stick with Asian Cuisine.

It was the latest we had stayed up since we arrived here, after 10pm before we went to sleep. I guess we are showing our age.

Sunday 30th July

Today was even hotter and more humid than yesterday at 8.30am the temp was 32C feels like 38C.

We didn't realise that on a Sunday most restaurants don't open to at least 10am and shops don't open until about 11.30am. we started the day with breakfast N1 Coffee again, had dropped our laundry and decided to go walking in malls etc. and stay in air con

We found a great Asian restaurant in one of the malls for lunch. At about 2pm we decided we had enough and made our way back to the hotel to keep out of the heat.

At about 5pm Clem decided to walk down to the wharf to find our about ferry trips to Macau and Lantau Island for other days, The lady at the info desk said to him " What are you doing here, on a Sunday, too many people, you should stay away from here on a Sunday or Saturday." He told her we had discovered that. She gave him some info on the places we wanted to see before we left here.

All in all a rest day we really needed


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb