Georgia


Advertisement
Georgia's flag
Asia » Georgia
May 18th 2009
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Georgia: country of adorable towns, stunning mountains, sea side resorts and cheese pies. Lots of cheese pies. Khatchapuri come in all shapes and sizes, must weigh at least a pound and are delicious. They appear at all times of the day and might feature by themselves or as part of a bigger meal. They also seem to contain something that stops you from realising how many you have eaten until they physically weigh you down to the point that you cannot move. The next day you try to restrain yourself, but then again, you are in Georgia and should you not indulge?

Georgia is a perfectly safe country to visit, even in times of uncertainty like now. Headlines may be keeping tourists at bay, but I would be surprised if it does not find a firm place on the travel map soon. I for one shall look forward to coming back to climb some more mountains and swim in the black sea. When I'm not in a Khatchapuri coma that is..


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Uncertain timesUncertain times
Uncertain times

Protesters had been rallying against Sakaashvili for over 20 days
Road blocksRoad blocks
Road blocks

Protesters camping out in 'cells'
Small MacSmall Mac
Small Mac

If you're worried about your waistline, McDonald's Georgia gives you the option of leaving the burger out of your cheeseburger and feast on a slice of cheese between to pieces of bread.
Tsminda Sameba churchTsminda Sameba church
Tsminda Sameba church

Holy and inaccessible
BatumiBatumi
Batumi

Sea side splendour
They're following me..They're following me..
They're following me..

I thought I had left these gents behind in Xi'an..


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb