2014- Yangshou, China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
July 19th 2014
Published: July 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This is where Joan and I departed from the group. We headed south to the iconic scenery of southern China. Our trip began in Guilin. We hopped a cruise boat to take the 5-hour trip down the Li River to Yangshou. The weather was very warm but there was a nice breeze. Later, when we arrived in Yangshou, we took bamboo boats down one of the serene waterways nearby. At night we walked down the heart of the town. It was a carnival. It was so packed with people in the street and shops, it was hard to move. As we were walking the main street, it started to rain. Just a few drops at first, but people immediately began to move for cover. In a few seconds it poured down and we had the whole street to ourselves under our umbrellas, everyone else had taken cover. I wondered if maybe something was going to happen that everyone else was aware of but we weren't... like a tsunami or something. But all ended well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



19th July 2014

Amazing!
Paul, these are some great pictures! Looks like you are having a great time! I want to know how you tamed 40 kids with ADHD, maybe do a PD on that?! PD! Ewwww! See you when you get back!
28th July 2014

I'm back alive!
Thanks for the comment. Yeah, the trip was great. But sadly summer will be over too soon. :(

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb