Simple Thoughts for the Day


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 8th 2012
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I recently read this forum post by:

D MJ Binkley
<em class="plain small" style="color: #6699aa; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: #eeeeee; font-weight: 400; font-size: 1.1rem;">Dave & Merry Jo Binkley


They stated how they had read this article Top 5 Regrets of Dying and then went shopping, ie purchased flights for a trip to multiple countries.

Pete and I have tried to live by these ideas since 2009 when we ventured to China. I remember hearing someone say "No one ever wishes they worked more, when they are dying" and that struck a cord with me. I am cherishing this time that we have right now, as I know we can't do this and live in the USA. It is a give & take situation.

Returning to the US is exciting and scary all at the same time. Exciting to be back closer to family and friends, where things mostly "make sense", we understand the language, amazing food choices and that sense of being "Home". Scary in the sense of no more 4-9 weeks paid off to travel where ever we want, will Pete's businesses make enough income for him not to have a boss, furnishing a whole apartment as we sold everything when we left San Diego, will we always be longing for that next exotic trip or will we settle in to the next phase of our lives by starting a family.

But, then I remind myself to live in the PRESENT and not the FUTURE. We never know what the future will bring so there is no need to worry about it.

We are looking forward to our upcoming trip to Bali in May, purchasing return flights to the US, being a part of Chris & Yvette's wedding in July, possibly traveling around the US with a group of Chinese high school students in August, returning to work at Weight Watchers, possibly Tyke & Kalah's wedding in September, spending Thanksgiving with the Winter's in Vegas, spending Christmas with the Mosher's & Carroll's in Illinois, being a part of Aaron & Amanda's wedding April 2012, Laurence & Carly's wedding May 2012...ALL VERY EXCITING!



P.S. I am celebrating 5 weeks of no KFC, McDonald's or soda and it hasn't even been that hard to say NO. Thanks Will Power.

Advertisement



8th March 2012

teaching and travel
You are so right when you mention scary and exciting all in one paragraph! We sure are looking forward to having you closer! Enjoy the rest of your stay and down time! I am sure when you hit US soil...your feet will be running!
8th March 2012

Thanks :)
That was a great, positive way to help me start my day :) Words of wisdom to live by.
8th March 2012

You both have done more in your lives now than most people have done in their ENTIRE life. No need to worry about the future.. You are both good people and the future will be just as exciting as your now...

Tot: 0.95s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 86; dbt: 0.1027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb