Our Recent Trip Across China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
September 29th 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just few words regarding our trip to China.

In general, the trip was just great, very well organized, China Odyssey Tours follow up in each step that we did was just brilliant. No delays generated except for the one in the Guilin airport in our way to Shanghai with the airline, but it's clear that this event is completely outside of anybody hands.

Every place has its magic, unfortunately we lost some of this magic due to the weather was not helping us much especially when we were in Beijing and Hong Kong.

All the Guides that we have were excellent:

Emma in Beijing with high knowledge about everyplace that we went and places around the area. She was not just a great source of information but a great pal of our daughter, I'll highly request to have her again if we have the chance to go back to Beijing.

Sandy in Xi'an, she knows that place very well. The passion for the history of the area was quite contagious, great guide to have in such place.

In Guilin, just great. Our guide not only that provide all the knowledge and support that we needed, but She was always taking care of our daughter, especially when we were in the cruise, allowing my wife and myself to relax during the trip, and enjoy the ride completely. One touch to highly was that She give us her contact number in case we get lost around the city, that was not done before.

Fiona in Shanghai, very funny, great smile, contagious. Beside she doesn't have a lot of experience as guide; she is very proactive, always trying to please us, best friend of my daughter, great with kids. If by any chance she didn't have an answer to us, she was finding a way to get it and reply to us very quickly.

Our guide in Hong Kong was very professional, you can see the experience in the way she handle everything, very well organized, following the schedule of activities quite close. She is definitively a good guide for big groups, for small groups or families like us, somebody that allowed you to handle situations at more personal level is preferable.



Hotels

1. Beijing, good location, great entrance, rooms not satisfactory. Food and drinks in the hotel... very expensive.

2. Xi'an, the most amazing lobby, good breakfast, rooms ok, nothing really impressive. Location ok.

3. Guilin, good location, rooms ok, good breakfast, but the hotel is not impressive, I'll prefer to try some other if I go back to Guilin.

4. Shanghai, good room, spacious, very clean, the service in the front desk is so and so, good breakfast, location could be better..., it should be closer to the Bond or to the Metro for easy move around the city.

5. Hong Kong, both hotels amazing, the best. The first hotel in the HK Peninsula had the best room of all, very friendly personnel, very helpful. Excellent breakfast. The HK Disneyland Hotel, just a dream, having lunch or dinner in the hotel is way too expensive, but the service is just fantastic.

I did an evaluation in each places providing the information to each guide, in case you got those comments, you'll probably see the same kind of comments on them.

I'm looking forward to make another trip to China in order to see Beijing and HK miss spots again, and probably we will combine that one with something more in the south and east of China.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb