China's Historical & Cultural Cities (Sept 10 update)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
September 26th 2010
Published: May 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

BeijingBeijingBeijing

Capital for the last 2 dynasties but has been around as a city since 1153.
China has classified 110 cities as historical and cultural cities. The cities were selected as they either had been political, culture or economic centers in the past or significant historical events had taken place.

This blog entry is a summary of the historical and cultural cities we have visited.

Total of 30 cities visits are:-
1. Beijing
2. Shanghai
3. Chengdu
4. Dujiangyan
5. Leshan
6. Yibin
7. Zigong
8. Tianjin
9. Yinchuan
10. Shanhaiguan
11. Tai an
12. Datong
13. Qufu
14. Qingdao
15. Jinan
16. Pingyao
17. Nanjing
18. Suzhou
19. Jingdezhen
20. Chengde
21. Louyang
22. Kaifeng
23. Zhengzhou
24. Anyang
25. Hangzhou
26. Shaoxing
27. Shengyang
28. Chongqing
29. Xian
30. Nanchang

Update 1
31. Haerbin
Update 2
32. Wuhan
33. Xiangfan

Note: The contents (text and photos) of this article remain the copyright of the Author, Jenny. Under no circumstances should the photos or text be used without the express written permission of the Author. Please contact the Author by leaving a message if you wish to use or publish photos or text from this article.



Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

ChongqingChongqing
Chongqing

3000 years old city that took advantage of its strategic position where Jialing Jiang and Changjiang meets.
NanchangNanchang
Nanchang

Birth place of the Chinese army.
ChengdeChengde
Chengde

Qing Dynasty's summer palace.
ChengduChengdu
Chengdu

2000 years old political, cultural and economical centre for west China.
DatongDatong
Datong

A strategic city in North China in its 2000 years history.
AnyangAnyang
Anyang

One of the cradle of Chinese civilisation where the earliest form of chinese words was excavated.
DujiangyanDujiangyan
Dujiangyan

2000 years old city where the grand irrigation project was built in 256BC. The irrigation system is still working now.
HangzhouHangzhou
Hangzhou

Cultural city describled by Marco Polo as the most beautiful city in the world.
JingdezhenJingdezhen
Jingdezhen

The porcelain capital of China. The porcelain is also exported to the rest of the world since ancient times.
JinanJinan
Jinan

City famous for its spring waters
KaifengKaifeng
Kaifeng

Capital for 7 dynasties. A political and cultural city.
LeshanLeshan
Leshan

A city where 3 major rivers meet. Also a Buddhism centre with the Ermei Mountain and the Leshan Buddha.
LouyangLouyang
Louyang

Capital for 13 dynasties and where the earliest Buddhism temple was built.
PingyaoPingyao
Pingyao

A cultural and economical city that has been around for 2700 years.
QingdaoQingdao
Qingdao

Witness to foreign rule from 1897 till end of WWII.
ShanghaiShanghai
Shanghai

East Asia's financial hub in the 1800s.
QufuQufu
Qufu

Birthplace of Confucius whose teaching and philosophy influenced East Asia's thoughts.
ShanghaiguanShanghaiguan
Shanghaiguan

A strategic city in Northeast China. Ming dynasty's rule ended when the Manchurian troops march in from here.
ShaoxingShaoxing
Shaoxing

Once the political and cultural centre of East China during its 4000 years history.
ShenyangShenyang
Shenyang

Birthplace of Qing Dynasty. Shenyang was the Manchurian's capital before their invasion of China in 1644.


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb