Best Foot Forward


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Jinhua
September 15th 2012
Published: September 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Field of SunflowersField of SunflowersField of Sunflowers

Any locals can visit the gardens, to enjoy the flowers, lakes and views.
Huge! 15,000 students, an area that takes an hour to walk from one side to the other, 4 canteens, a shopping street, its' own hospital and a library the size of a department store. Tin proudly gave me a guided tour of his old university - Zheijang Normal, and I was impressed. My favorite sites - the field of sunflowers, complete with wedding photography event; the foreign language schools Jars of Dreams and compulsory 2 weeks military training activities, (audible from my apartment).

Pride of place, on entering the School of foreign languages, is a beautiful row of pattery jars. Every first year student writes their aspirations on a card, which is kept safely on display for the 4 years of their studies. On graduation, the school holds a ceremony, where the students get their dream card back, so they can contemplate how successful they have been.

Japanese baseball teams training? Junk American hero movie soundtrack? No! The first year students all doing their compulsory 2 weeks military training. My favorite part was the platoons (single sex) all frozen mid step until their captains shouted the order for them to take the next step... made for easy action shots! Marching, sitting still, standing frozen in position, captains quickly getting their best profile in the tourist shots, and shouting in unison were all loudly on display. Tin also explained that he had learnt how to fire a rifle under careful supervision as part of the training - and that firing rifles is a very noisy affair.

The manicured grounds are huge, and look like a good place to take a walk in a "natural setting". The rush of people is like a small town, well a large one, compared with Australian country towns.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



19th September 2012

good job
Up to your usual standard, bucket mouth. Love Rolly and Bessie
19th September 2012

Return Thanks
Hi Father, Hi Bessie thanks for the naming, and the standard checking. i will try to maintain a high standard.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb