Chengjiang Lixia


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
May 9th 2013
Published: May 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Chengjiang is the other place in Yunnan where the Yi celebrate Lixia, and they did it rather big, but the push the day a few days later from the actual Lixia day, I guess they want to kept some space with the ist May golden week holiday, as trader might made business in other more popular town during the holiday period, also can gather up more trader and vendors in this Lixia festival. win-win...in local economic! It was a 3 days event held up by the famous Huxianhu Lakevendors and traders crowded the street lane laced almost one km long, locals marked whatever vacant space and start their own musical performance, all they need was just a small ampify speaker, some got their own band with erhu and 3-strings. some setup open-air karaoke, guess they know where business lay, local just like to sing...openly! and willing to pay and express themselve in front of a huge crowd. of course dance...group occupied different corner presented their own movement. There also a stage organised by the authority, offered some performance in a bit more entertaining way. Again...the whole event just another market day, only with a nicer background with the lake view. for me...just another formal festival event along my monthly festival tour, but for the local...an one a year big fair! it should be a Thing! no wondered crowds still pouring in when I was on my way out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb