Yuanyang transit


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
February 23rd 2009
Published: February 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Everywhere was cars and people and difficult to got a room in Yuanyang when we arrived. "why"? I asked. Tourist festival was the answer. I thought it would be finished after Chinese new year, that was why I left. Now they begin on the 28th Feb and last for 3 days. Heard there will be entrance fee for most of the site after the festival. Finally got rooms for my tour group, the normal charge for the same room was 60, and now they asked for 160 yuan. "only today" the receptionist told me, as the room had been reserved the day after. Then they announced that there was no electricity from yesterday till 2 days later, "24 hrs" she added. Reason??? No answered, but I heard later that they need to installed big lighting system for the huge dancing show for the festival. But...how could you let local people suffered because of a private commercial program??? Rich business got money for generator so it didn't matter, but general people...!!!
So...you could see construction work or renovation in all sight seeing area, race with time ready for the entrance fee income!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb