leaving China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan
January 16th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

16/1/2008

Abandoned Yuanyang under chilled air and big fog. Yes...fog so thick that you couldn't see further than a feet! now you do know why I run! Still this weather far more better than those in the north and east of China at the moment, news reported snow snow snow! As usual...the sky clear up once near Laomeng. But the white soon around us as we climb the slope afterward. Terrace scene around Habo area are pretty beautiful, but lately with new industries to boot up economic(for certain people with connection) , there are couple of miniig factories dotted the riverside, miniig materials, leftover rock and sand, new dug transportation trail, an ugly sight and a sad scene against the dull green mountain. Finally our bus approached Luchun after 5 hours and glad to see a clear sky. The 12 o'clock bus was full, "there is one at 14:30" the conductor told me. It left me with almost 3 hours with nothing to do. Never like Luchun...boring place. Now with the commercialise long table festival each year, the town got some better place to sleep. Anyway, Luchun are full of dressed hilltribe, the unique Hani and sometimes there could be Lahu and Simolou. But construction work seem like never end here, now the market place had been torn down and rebuilt again, more concrete garbage! We left on time for the 6 hours trip with an nice looking bus, but...only from the outside! not a single seat inside had full cushion. Most of the road are paved, only some part had been wash away by water during rainy season. Each time I travel this route I saw new developed. Dashuigau becomes a new town with a bus station and market place. Also Daheishan expanded into river side town. A new area had been built along the river, people had been relocated from other mountain area, I saw new road and construction work, but less forest and tree. Road became unpaved once we left Daheishan into Jiangcheng area. 50km to go. But unfortunately our bus got another problem with the wheel, and it set us back for another hour. 9 o'clock we rolled into Jiangcheng in the dark. Long time I hadn't seen any touts waiting to catch passenger for room. But here in Jiangcheng???? Anyway... I know where I gonna stay, 30 yuan room at the station was waiting. Tire and I call it the night.

Note:
Bus yy to Luchun 32 yuan
Bus Luchun to Jiangcheng 36 yuan

17/1/2008

"7:10", no...too early, so I brought the 13:40 bus to Mengla instead. Then I went back to sleep upstair. I really need it, just too tire from the last few days to prepared the schedule for the project before my long leave. Few more hours rest did help. No exception in Jiangcheng, more new buildings and still expanding. With the location sandwiched between Laos and Vietnam, much more border trading, so you could see many material in the local market. Right behind the bus station you could still find some quiet area and old houses in the old quarter.
Back on the 240km trip to Mengla. We drove on the Simao road for an hour then turn left on to a dirt track whch I couldn't remember existed, as I did this same trip 4 month ago, I must be sleeping on my last visited. All the plantations on both side of the road were covered with dirt, rusty dust, what a strange scene with deep green on the background. We rolled stumbling on until we touch solid paved ground, still...got about 100km to go. From the bus I saw some tribe people along the route, mostly are Nandian Yao, and some Miao, and of course Dai people. The more drove down south the warmer. We arrived Mengla by 9pm. I hate arrival in the dark, but I had been here before so with no problem to find my way around. Stay at the same cheap place next to the bus station and went for bbq, they made lovely grilled eggplant here. Not much to do here unless you like to sing ktv, so I better go back to play with the remote control in my room.

Note:
Bus Jiangcheng to Mengla is 47 yuan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb