Ice Lake/冰湖/Bing Hu and Holy Waterfall/神瀑/Shen Pu


Advertisement
Asia » China » Yunnan » Mei Li Snow Mountain » Yubeng
February 1st 2011
Published: February 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The next morning we woke up at 7:30 to prepare for the 8 am sunrise hitting the mountain peaks. Most of my companions had some pretty serious cameras. One guy had even lugged his tripod into town. They also had foreign expensive brand-name outerwear that I think were not fakes. These upper-middle class adults from big cities were really used to foreigners, so they were totally normal with me, ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




16th February 2011

inspiring:-)
Aah, reading your blog, was such an inspirtation, I miss climbing hiking and so on. I climb Sani Pass ( drakensburgh south africa, half the height of killimanjaro) three times a year with my uncle, who last year climbed Mount. Killimajaro and broke a world record, by takeing 9 blind people up. I felt so at home when you were mentioning, having tea/coffee at the top of a mountain and how odd it was. My uncle had a funny experiance concerning just that. When climbing the mountain it has been reported that many people become dillusional, and start hearing strange things or seeing odd things as your mind plays game with you. My uncle hadnt mentioned to anyone that he'd been hearing tea cups clinking together for hours on end the one day. When finally the porters decided everyone could have a break, the one guy pulled out an entire tea set and hot water from his satchel...all my uncle could do was laugh. I generally hike, and climb as often as I can. I inspire to also hike killi like my uncle, and everest, and one day would love to be able to afford to send him and his wife to Machu Pichu as this is a dream of his, and I know he will one day see it, be there and experiance the beauty. I myself hope to as well. There are many places I intended to go, and photograph ( as this is my passion) and you're pics and blog are def an inspiration:-) Thank you so much. I am currently based in the UAE, Abu Dhabi ( been here 2weeks now) and I am originally from Durban South Africa:-)

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb