Banna (Nov 2007)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Jinghong
January 9th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So Banna (Jinghong) was our first stop after leaving the tour. We arrived safely although the overnight sleeper bus left a little to be desired unless you enjoy being squashed and stapped into tiny bunk beds. This is the first time we've seen seat belts since leaving the UK but they were definitely needed - we'd be on the floor with all the swerving and driving here.

Jinghong was a smallish city, really relaxed and laid back with lots of palm trees. We had originally planned to spend a couple of days here before going on a trek in the jungle. Unfortunately we both got food poisoning (again!) and spent about four days trapped in our room taking turns to go out and get water and western food. That's the thing when you're ill you always crave plain western food. Seema you were right about our delicate stomachs needing time to adjust.

We spent one day at the hot springs in Jinghong which was really nice. The springs were in the country so the setting was really lovely. We also met three Israelis, Omri, David and Tal and had a nice meal with them just before leaving to go to Galamba.

Galamba is a really beautiful village, set in the rainforest/jungle. We spent our first night in a hovel of a room, (which was my choice), where the cockroaches came out to say hello at night and the brothel upstairs got going. We changed hotels early the next day and then spent some time exploring the Dai minority village, watching traditional dancing and getting wet in the water festival. We had a really nice time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb