Anning and Dali


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Dali
January 20th 2010
Published: January 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ni Hao,
Yesterday we went to a town called Anning, about an hour out of Kunming. They have a lot of hot springs there, most of which are pretty lame, inside polls, but we went to one that was done right. It was a bath house with massages, combined with an outside pool area that had several pools of varying temperatures, colors, scents, and even some minnows in one. We tried the minnow pool for a few minutes, but it was a little disturbing to have them biting the skin from our feet, so we moved on after a lot of screaming and giggling, since it sort of tickled.
Alex and Sam went with us, which made it more fun. We got a late start out of Kunming, so didn't get to the springs until late afternoon. They had to catch a 10:00 bus back, and Sharon and I stayed a little longer and took a taxi to our hotel. It was a very nice evening. We ate there at the springs, and we were the only ones in our robes in the restaurant, so it was pretty funny, we got even more looks than usual.
The hotel that night was the worst so far, but not horrible. It was actually a little cold last night, but tonight we have a heater.
We're now in Dali after a 4 hour bus ride, preceded by another taxi driver incident where he tried to tell us there was no bus from Anning to Dali, and that we had to go back to Kunming first, and he would take us for 150 RMB. I told him to just take us to the bus station anyway, and sure enough there was a bus to Dali about 1/2 hour later.
It is nice here, but really touristy. Tomorrow we will hike up a mountain and get away from the scene. It's actually off season, and in March it must be crazy here, like on the spit.
Tonight is an early night, we hope to catch up on rest and be ready to have another adventurous day tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments, they are fun to get.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

in front of a pagodain front of a pagoda
in front of a pagoda

my hat says "Made in China"


20th January 2010

Hi
The hot springs look really fun! Everything else does too. The temples look amazing. And i want to try the food. miss you guys!
21st January 2010

divine parents of Sam&Blasie
The food looks amazing; all those little bowls of assorted unidentifiable items. And I loved the photo of the minnows chomping on your toes. I'm sure I couldn't tolerate that... I'm quite impressed that you are able to navigate the transportation, AND how much time you spend on trains and buses!! And that you don't let those cabbies boss you around! They have no idea who they're dealing with...
21st January 2010

Hi Dale and Sharon!
Wow, you guys are really getting around! Are there lots of other tourists? Are you meeting any Americans? I'm really enjoying all of the pictures! Glad you're having such a great time! - Candy
21st January 2010

those damn pagodas
nice pics. please send more of food. young's is depressing.
22nd January 2010

What is that you are eating?
Looks like lots of fun! Good job not believing the taxie driver! They were like that in India too. What do Americans know? By the way don't mention google while you are there.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb