Rice and noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Dali
October 25th 2009
Published: October 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another hot and cloudless day, 33deg, although it was cooler this morning as we set off. Have been doing lots of climbing in the mountains today, 1000m up then 1000m down. Lots of hairpin bends and lots and lots of smoky wagons, labouring up the hills, belching out clouds of fumes-our poor lungs!
Our diet of rice and noodles. which are served for breakfast, lunch and dinner, is becoming rather wearing. Yesterday the meal was so spicy that it burnt our lips so we have asked them to tone down the spices a bit.
Have passed what appear to be lots of lime kilns today where they appear to be curing earthenwear roof tiles. On the roads the farmers lay out their rice crop for the passing traffic to thresh, then they sweep it up and lay out another batch. I have not seen any combines or similar mechanical devices, so this must be the easiest and most efficient labour saving way to get the crop threshed.
We are in Jianchuan today and are off to Lijiang tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb