Photos, Just for Fun


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tibet
June 6th 2006
Published: June 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Since many people have mentioned that they are enjoying the pictures I post, I thought I would post a bunch more...


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Beautiful Women of GolokBeautiful Women of Golok
Beautiful Women of Golok

A great shot of Gulo and Ama, in their beautiful, colorful, traditional clothing.
Ama and WangmoAma and Wangmo
Ama and Wangmo

Here are Ama and I, trying out the self-timer on my camera.
Outside the GateOutside the Gate
Outside the Gate

Ama and her son, Trisong, as he prepares to mount his motorcycle on a very cold day. Notice the sword at his waist, a common accoutrement for Tibetan cowboys.
Ama in her StetsonAma in her Stetson
Ama in her Stetson

A beautiful close up of Ama, in her American Stetson hat she only takes out on special occasions.
Apa in his GlassesApa in his Glasses
Apa in his Glasses

A rare shot of Apa on the move, as he generally sits in one place most of the day, turning his prayer wheel and reciting mantras.
DawuDawu
Dawu

A glimpse of my new hometown, Dawu, in the background, taken from the highest point of the Khorkhang.
Heaps of Flag BlessingsHeaps of Flag Blessings
Heaps of Flag Blessings

Another glimpse of the Khorkhang with its endless array of prayer flags.
Herding the YaksHerding the Yaks
Herding the Yaks

Ama, Apa and Trisong herding the cattle.
A Friend at the KhorkhangA Friend at the Khorkhang
A Friend at the Khorkhang

What more is there to say about this picture?
An Artist and His WorkAn Artist and His Work
An Artist and His Work

Here is an artist I met, proudly displaying his sculptures of the 21 Taras which will soon become a wall of veneration.
Mountain BackdropMountain Backdrop
Mountain Backdrop

I thought I'd share this photo because of the amazingly impressive backdrop of snow mountains. Can you imagine that I look at this every day? Breathtaking.
Sacred WatersSacred Waters
Sacred Waters

A friend, Padma Tso, standing in front of a naturally occuring waterfall flowing with sacred medicinal substances.
Majestic Mountain WallMajestic Mountain Wall
Majestic Mountain Wall

A beautiful pass on the drive from Xining to Dawu.
TrisongTrisong
Trisong

A handsome cowboy, in the foreground of panoramic grasslands.
Yaks Going on HolidayYaks Going on Holiday
Yaks Going on Holiday

Here, the yaks are being sent away on a short trip. Notice the dog herding them. He is my friend named "Haba" ("Dog") and just hours after this photo was taken, I watched him be brutally attacked by a mangy, foaming mouth dog. One of my more upsetting experiences here.
Wife of Ling GesarWife of Ling Gesar
Wife of Ling Gesar

One of Gesar's wives, a statue in the Gesar Phodrang.
Another Wife of Ling GesarAnother Wife of Ling Gesar
Another Wife of Ling Gesar

Another of Ling Gesar's wives, again at the Gesar Phodrang.
Constant LivestockConstant Livestock
Constant Livestock

Whether you're on a city street or traipsing the grasslands, cattle are always in abundance. Yesterday, I took a picture of a family of goats in my front yard. (I'll post that one eventually!) Imagine washing the dishes (as I was) and watching some goats stroll by.
Tsampa FriendsTsampa Friends
Tsampa Friends

Again, here are the friends I met while in search of tsampa.
Three SistersThree Sisters
Three Sisters

Here I am with my adopted sisters, Thugdron and Orgyen Tso.


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb