Day 11


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tibet » Lhasa
June 13th 2015
Published: June 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Driving out of Lhasa to the East of Tibet in an area called NyingChi. Stopped off at the birthplace of Song Ten Gampo. Then on to a waterfall which was excellent. It was raining but the terrain was very like Yosemite with massive coloured rock faces with a huge waterfall cascading down. Beautiful, even in the rain. But little time there, as we had a 12 hour drive ahead of us!

Finally arrived in NyingChi and had traditional hotpot style dinner. Lovely fish dish. The drive was so arduous because the Chinese are building a highway right across Tibet and it was all under construction. So sometimes there was no road at all! Dirt track bouncing us around, other times, the police used speed checks of 50 miles per hour. Our driver was very enthusiastic to say the least so often we had to crawl into the check points to be over the time limit. Stopped at one spot with a bridge over a river that you had to pay to cross. Lu stood on the brige but didn't cross so wasn't prepared to pay! The lady was less than impressed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb