Tibet 23rd- 28th August Part II


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tibet » Lhasa
September 5th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The following pictures show the Potala Palace at night, where there is a light and fountain show each evening on the Square. Also below are pictures of our trip to Nam-tso lake one of Tibets three holy lakes and the biggest. It was beautiful and the view was as breathtaking as the altitude (4500m). Finally we had a free day so Ta wang arranged a picnic in a local park. We spent a fantastic day eating, drinking and chatting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Heading to Namtso LakeHeading to Namtso Lake
Heading to Namtso Lake

A train passed the car on the new railway line that runs from Lhasa to Beijing.
Heading to Namtso LakeHeading to Namtso Lake
Heading to Namtso Lake

Viewpoint on the way to Namtso lake, one of Tibet's three holy great lakes.
High pointHigh point
High point

Top of the pass at 5200m on the way to the lake.
"Yak, picture, money!!""Yak, picture, money!!"
"Yak, picture, money!!"

Duncan made the faux pas of taking a picture of these Yak without giving some money to the owner.....oops.
Namtso LakeNamtso Lake
Namtso Lake

Prayer flags on the rocks and cliffs surrounding the lake.
Namtso LakeNamtso Lake
Namtso Lake

More prayer flags. It's a lot of effort to get these up there!!
Namtso Lake - 4500mNamtso Lake - 4500m
Namtso Lake - 4500m

The lake itself - 7 km across.
Tenacious TibetanTenacious Tibetan
Tenacious Tibetan

We built a cairn for luck by the lake and plonked our mascot on top. From nowhere this little lady appeared and started negotiations with Sima for the toy.
SettlementSettlement
Settlement

Sima, ever prepared, whipped out some choccy bics for our friend and her pal. After that they were happy to pose for snaps...the toy forgotten.
Yak Yak YakYak Yak Yak
Yak Yak Yak

there were lots....
Party in the ParkParty in the Park
Party in the Park

We had a free day so Ta Wang organised a fantastic picnic and brought his cousins along as well. A great day!! Lots of Barley wine, spirit and Shapta!! (Cheers!)
PicnicPicnic
Picnic

Tibetan delicacies and home cooked chinese - it was all delicious.
GrazingGrazing
Grazing

Ta wang collecting and eating wild berries. We think they are rosehips - tasty whatever they were.
Time to goTime to go
Time to go

A final farewell to some wonderful people. We will miss Tibet!!


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.086s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb