JIUZHAIGOU NATIONAL PARK


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Jiuzhaigou
September 23rd 2009
Published: September 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So if you have seen any photos of the lakes at Jiuzhaigou you would be forgiven for thinking that the colours have been photoshopped. I can assure you they are real. Today we spent the whole day travelling the 70 km of narrow valleys filled with bubbling streams, cascading waterfalls and incredible coloured lakes.

The park is incredibly accessible, with boardwalks linking all the pools and waterfalls which keep the 2.8 million visitors per year from impacting the site. Busses run up and down the valleys all day and you can get on and off wherever youy please. It realy is a brilliant setup making such a large park accessible. We walked around 20kms and it wasn't to hard really.

Some highlights were - arrow bamboo lake - where the water fight scene from 'Hero' was filmed. 5 colour lake with it's incredible blue bottom, Long Sea Lake for it's vastness. Panda lake and falls ..... there were so many highlights. just go and look for yourself !

That night we went straight to a Tibetian House where the family treast us to tibetian lifestyle, food, wine, singing, dancing and their house, beliefs and lots more. They were really cool and intent on getting us hammered on this Tibetian wine that tastes like vinegar. Jack got married off to the second youngest daughter in the family and i was for the youngest 1 she was definitrely the best dancer and singer but i guess it didn't last 9ha ha0 It was a great night as you can tell from Jacks outffit.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb