Hot to Cold!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
August 7th 2015
Published: August 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was in the mid 90 degrees. Today it is barely 70 degrees. That is an extreme change. The reason for it is rain. It has been very pleasant today. Air conditioning is unnecessary. I am sitting in a favourite coffee shop with all of the doors and windows open allowing for a wonderful cool breeze.

Yesterday was very busy starting with lunch at a Tibetan restaurant. There were several food highlights. I should have taken photos. The open top cheese momos were very good. After lunch I spent the afternoon looking at art and discussing iconography with a Gelug Tulku researching similar topics. He has published a number of books on Tibetan culture. For dinner, I was picked up by a van and taken to a friends office where he has a full kitchen, cook, and serving staff. All of the food was either grown in his garden or brought from Tibet. The highlight was mushrooms and mushroom soup. They were picked in Drango at a high elevation. Tibetan mushrooms are truly a delicacy. We had a private dinner and talked about art until about midnight. His driver returned me to the hotel where I slept very well. Again tonight I will have dinner with the same friend but this time we will go out for a nice Sichuan meal with black peppercorns and chili oil.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb