Day 6


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
March 10th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

09/03/07

Today is another challenging day for the teachers. The students will be staying with their buddies for two nights after their afternoon lessons. In order to help them interact better with their buddies, we decided to give the students some ‘home’ work. We printed some English passages and asked our students to teach their buddies during their home-stay.

Hence in the morning, our English teacher, Ms Hidaya, conducted an ‘English’ lesson for our students, teaching them how to teach English. The students were motivated and were taking notes during the session. Not surprisingly, our sec two students had problems understanding the supposedly easy sec-one passages.

At 9 am, we set off to Deyang Stone Sculpture Park. It’s a typical tourist spot and we took some group photos. The students gained knowledge on some of the Chinese famous legends.

After that, we proceeded to Confucius Hall. As many of our students had given feedback that they’re more interested in buying souvenirs, we’d had a short stint of shopping around the area. The students thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Some of them bought 1GB thumb drives that cost about 5 times cheaper than those in Singapore. They certainly knew how to sniff out a good bargain.

In the afternoon, our students spent some time rehearsing for their cultural performance this coming Wednesday. After the rehearsal, the students went off with their respective buddies for their weekend home stay. This time, our students appeared more confident when the buddies came to pick them up. Seeing the smiles on their faces, the teachers felt assured that they will be good ambassadors of Junyuan. This was confirmed when we received only one phone call from the students at night. This shows that our students have “warmed up” to their buddies and have adapted capably with the new environment.

At this point, we like to thank all parents and friends for your valuable contributions to the TravelBlog. Your inputs helped our students to feel connected with home. We look forward to more postings from all of you.


Advertisement



10th March 2007

How's your buddy?
Hope you enjoy, when you are staying with them. We start to countdown now, as we miss you so much. Did you try the spicy soup? Is it nice? I think you miss our food, right........ .P
10th March 2007

I heart euu.......
hiie kakak farhana..... MiSsInG Euu alots..... hehe... kakak....baba sae buy the thumbdrives..3-5 thumdrives...coz we heard that it is CHEAP(if have lah). n also buy what u c that is nice ...okey? till here only.tatazzz...=) farah ain n family
10th March 2007

miss u.........
Hi kak,mama n baba was glad to hear ur voice/sms again.we're worried when u didn't respond to our sms...do take gud care of yourself. C u soon.... P/s : aya is counting dwn to ur return. She got something for u..surprise

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb