Day 1


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
March 4th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The group arrived at Chengdu at 1430. The weather was cold. Outdoor temperature was around 13 degree celsius.
Wei Qing's luggage was damaged and the airport replaced it with a new one. There was a slight delay. Otherwise, everything went on smoothly.
The group was recieved by the Principals of Deyang Foreign Languages School. We took an air-conditioned bus to Deyang. The bus journey was about 1 hr and 30 mins. Upon arrival, we unloaded the luggages and then proceed for lunch. The Chinese had buffet lunch in school while the Muslim teacher and students had lunch in a Halal restaurant. Some students commented that the food was too spicy.
After lunch, the students went back to their hostel. They quickly unpacked their bags and proceed to the meeting room, where eager parents and buddies were waiting for them. One by one, the vice-principal of Deyang Sec paired up our students and their buddies, after which the parents brought them home.

The students joined their buddies' families in the New Year celebration, watching fireworks and having sumptous dinner. The families had been told to bring the Muslim students to a Halal restaurant for dinner.

As the most of the students are staying with their buddies, we couldn't get all of them to write you a short message today. Will do so when they return to school tomorrow. Please be patient. Also, we'd some problems uploading the photos today. Will sort it out by tomorrow.


Advertisement



5th March 2007

Miss You Baby...
Darling we need a photo of you..miss you so much..house is so quiet without you..have fun delfina...

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb