RAINY XIAN


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanxi
September 19th 2009
Published: September 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Went to the Terracotta Warriors today and the Qin Tomb and it is simply staggering. I'm a sucker for history but this really is amazing. It's the oldest man made thing I have ever seen with my own eyes and it is just a fraction of what is there to be uncovered. It is an amazing and extravagent attmpt at defeating death (fail).

I will try and find a book that gives me the whole history of the Qin empire if I can.

Did some shopping which is fun. The shop assistants follow you around the store - it feels like they are making sure you aren't stealing but it is actually chinese service, very hands on. You can buy stuff really cheap or pay the same as what it costs at home depending on the shop, brand and whether its real or a cheap knoock off.

Had a delicious dinner again. More's (a dense bread cake) that was filled with pork. Liang pi a delicious rice noodle dish and Bao zi (pronounced bowser like off mario party) which is bread pockets filled with beef, fish, pork, etc. When we were in the little street side kitchen a mother and young son came in (jack tells me) the young boy said mummy muumy a foriegner ! and the Mum said It'd Ok and they sat down and ordered dinner. It's pretty funny being so obviously different and you get plenty of looks but people are great. I even had an excellent english coversation with a nice xian guy today on the bus to the warriors.

wedding tomorrow which should be fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb