From Shanghai to Qingdao


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shandong » Qingdao
July 15th 2011
Published: July 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we were able to get up later than usual because we were to leave at around 12, after lunch. For some reason we still got our usual 7 ‘o clock morning calls, so some of us got up at 7am. I’m guessing quite a few of us stayed up late the night before, so everyone was tired. Breakfast was at 8, and we ate a lot because we were originally supposed to leave at around 10, and THEN we were told we were to have lunch 3 hours later, which also means we were leaving right after lunch.

After breakfast was pretty much all packing and goodbyes. Then we had lunch, but no one really ate too much.
At the airport, we were all very sad because we were leaving new friends that we’d just met. It was a short goodbye, but it was very upsetting to see our friends go.

Our scheduled flight was at 2:30pm, and when we got everything settled down an hour before the scheduled time, we sat at the designated waiting area, number 33. Then we realized that the plane was delayed. The airport people made us walk ALL the way to the OTHER side of the airport, to number 21.

Then we pretty much sat there for 3 and a half hours waiting for the over-delayed plane.
After we finally got on the plane, it was like, 5:00pm… Apparently the airline paid us a free dinner because they were so late. The flight wasn’t long, only an hour and 10 minutes, but sadly we had to wait 4 hours for that. Lucky we landed safe and sound, and we landed at around the same time as the others coming from Toronto.

It was great that we were meeting new friends in a different area and surroundings, but it was pretty sad to leave the friends we’ve only just gotten to know. I know that Qingdao will be just as great as Shanghai, but definitely busier due to the competition.

-Heather



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb