Terracotta Army


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
April 25th 2015
Published: May 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Only in China? A revolving door with a maximum capacity of 9 people.

Cycling around the old city walls of Xian was a beautiful morning well spent although we could have done with more than our allotted 2 hours as there was plenty to see when we dismounted to watch what was going on in the city below. However the cobblestones were uneven and we were all a little saddle sore by the time we returned our rental bikes.

We visited the Yangung burial place for Emperor Jingei, 4th Emperor of the Han dynasty and, of course, Emperor Qinshihuang's Mausoleum site museum with the terra cotta warriors. They are impressive and must have looked splendid when they were newly painted and installed in the tomb, facing east, which would have been the direction from which their enemies approached.

In the Muslim bazaar I saw men stretching toffee over a big hook the way my grandmother used to until it turned white so she could put a white swirl in the middle of the toffees she made for her sweet shop. Hopefully my grandmother never dropped the toffee on the floor as one of these men did.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Terracotta armyTerracotta army
Terracotta army

All the weapons were looted and most of the warriors knocked over and broken.
Terracotta armyTerracotta army
Terracotta army

there were infantry and cavalry
Terracotta ArmyTerracotta Army
Terracotta Army

And archers too


Tot: 0.37s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 21; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb