Xi'an


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
October 2nd 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

27/09/2010 - 30/09/2010

We wanted to took the overnight train to Xi'an, however all sleeping facilities were sold out. So we ended up with a hard seat...14hours wtih seats constructed for the general chinese person, so definitely uncomfortable if you're 1/2 meter bigger. Plus we were stuckwith a 7 year old gangster suffering from ADHD. We longed for a good massage...and well chinese massages are NOT the softest ones. She genuine planted here elbows into my spine, and when I made some small pain sounds...she tought I was enjoying it so she put even more effort into it (cursed the hell out of here, ofcourse in flamish, so now even more longing for a Thai massage complet😊)

One of my favorite places to visit in Xian was ofcourse the Terracotta army. Really amazing!!! It's for an honest reason they call it the 8th wonder of the world.

Next day we went for a climbing expedition, we went out to the mountain Huo Shan. This is one the 9 holy mountains in China. We started a the bottom (around 460m) and got to the top which was around 2150 meters.....very exhausting but well worth effort. Very beautiful mountain with amazing panorama. Had a good sleep that night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

mountain carrier mountain carrier
mountain carrier

crazy guys...are carrying like 60 kilos up into the steep mountain on their shoulders!!!!


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb