Historical Capital Xi'an


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
May 7th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Xi'an Capital City


Bike Tour of the City WallBike Tour of the City WallBike Tour of the City Wall

About a 10 mile bike ride that circles the city. A great way to spend a couple of hours touring.
Another quick Asian adventure this weekend as we traveled west to Xi'an located in the north western part of China. Xi'an is a city of 8 million people with no mass transit system so you can imagine the number of people on the street. We've never seen so many people. We visited the Terra-cotta solders and rode bikes on the city wall which dates back to 200 b.c.

Xi'an is the capital of the Shaanxi province in the People's republic of China. As one of the most important cities in Chinese history, Xi'an is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China because it has been the capital (under various names) of 13 dynasties, including the Zhou, Qin, Han, the Sui dynasty, and the Tang. Xi'an is also renowned for being the eastern terminus of the Silk Road and for the location of the Terracotta Army, made during the Qin Dynasty. The city has more than 3,100 years of history. The two Chinese characters in the name "Xi'an" literally mean Western Peace.

So many great photos opportunities with so much history to see. I had so many photos that I loaded them to my Picassa account. Click on
Wind, Daisy, & JanisWind, Daisy, & JanisWind, Daisy, & Janis

A great time of year to be in Xi'an with the flowers blooming and temperature not too hot.
the link below to view.


Xi'an-Photos



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Terra-cotta Soldiers Pit 1Terra-cotta Soldiers Pit 1
Terra-cotta Soldiers Pit 1

A very impressive display and facility about an hour outside of Xi'an.


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb