Huhehaote # 2


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Inner Mongolia » Hohhot
October 14th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was Tuesday moning, which is the second of my two days off. We had planned to cycle to the local rotisserie, where we would buy half a chicken leg, a bakery for breadrolls, school to pick up some books and probably the local shop too, for a bottle of wine. Yeah, well... NO.

Downstairs, inside our appartment building where we've been parking our bikes since we bought them, we discovered some basterds had cut our chains and taken off with them. Aaargghh....
Very likely they were the same guys that have been working around our block the last few weeks adding a layer of insulation on the outside. (We can now control our own heating!) But oh well, not much you can do about that, and it'll very soon be winter here anyway, too bloody cold to cycle so we bowed our heads and accepted our fate...

And the summer has definitely finished. I remember looking forward to it, and now it's already over. Very short for sure. Especially the 'spring' and 'autumn'are short.
Temperatures move very quickly at this altitude I suppose.
But what I would never have expected a year ago, I've actually agreed to stay
Just north of Hohhot...Just north of Hohhot...Just north of Hohhot...

A small village, seen from atop a hill
another winter! My new contract will go until June 2009, but luckily I will have a contract break.
End of November I'm flying via Shanghai to Palawan in the Philppines!
Can't wait!

The other day me and my friend got some free tickets for the theate, located in the same building as the new museum in the east of Hohhot. It wasn't anything famous, but a nice experience nevertheless. Especially the large groups that performed were quite nice. Cultureless person I am, this was actually the first time in any theatre for me!

Well, that's it for now, next time hopefully from the Philippines!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Massive eagle (?) Massive eagle (?)
Massive eagle (?)

Look left of this big bird, and you'll see the chain connected to its feet...
Hohhot at nightHohhot at night
Hohhot at night

As seen from the 20th floor of a local hotel. The bridge you see is located on the crossing of Xincheng Jie and Bei jie.


2nd November 2008

are u going to the theatre in hottot ?? the pic. by night is great actually hottot looks pretty big .. so filipijnen over een paar weken ... !! als je nog tot junie blijft in hotot dan kun je mij nog wel verwachten he .... )) laters!
5th November 2008

het wat voor een camera heb jij eigelijk ?? is geen gamma ding hu ?? je pic. zien er eigelijk aardig uit '' theatre en night pic ones )) l??? ciao

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb