Wusutu national forest park


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Inner Mongolia » Hohhot
September 17th 2008
Published: September 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Like I wrote before, we visited Wusutu park, located just north of Hohhot on the slopes of the mountain range, on our day off with a small group. It was a lovely day to get out of the city, temperatures in the second half of September are still in the upper 20's (although it does really cool down at night) and the park itself was quite nice.

After entering the gate, you walk down the lane where at the end the steps start that lead you to halfway up.
Along the way are two or so places to stop for a refreshing drink or a game of pool, but more on that later.
Then, at what you could call the first of many little hill tops, you have the possibility of climbing into a tiger's mouth...

Why somebody ever decided that this park needs a concrete tiger's head on a hill top is the question, but he ho, it's fun.
There's a little door that leads you inside from where you have to wurm yourself into its mouth.
From there you have a great view of the surroundings, whilst lying back between its ferocious teeth...

On the way back we stoped at a little 'den' where there were 3 pooltables and a freezer full of ice creams (which we in turn ofcourse used to cool off our beers)
It was a very enjoyable day in the end, getting the time off to enjoy Hohhot's sunshine and suroundings.

Like said before, coming Monday I hope to fly to Beijing, from where I'll take the bus to Qinhuangdao to attend a wedding.
I hope to catch a glimpse of the ocean whilst there, so I'll soon be back with more on that.
I've recieved my Mongolian visa, and hope to spend my October holiday exploring the south east of this vast emptyness.
See ya!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb