longmen caves


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan » Longmen Caves
November 19th 2015
Published: November 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left Xian on the bullet train to Luoyang, we had planned to get the bus but when we asked about going by bus everyone looked at us like we were stupid, so we took their advise and got the bullet train. To be truthful yes it is a lot quicker but a lot more expensive and the train station we ended up at, Luoyang longmen is a long way outside of the city so cost another 60rmb to get to the hotel. once again we got in a taxi having shown the driver the address, who then looked like he knew where he was going only for him to have to ask someone else where it was. Thank god once again for our grasp of mandarin and a map to point at.

What can you say about Luoyang city? not alot i guess but the people were very friendly and there are some great places to eat even if every meal is a point at picture and hope for the best experience.

We only really came here for the longman caves, so the next day we set off for them, once again we ended up at the train station to catch a bus, the number 81 which terminates there. The caves are out of this world, and the temple on the other side is well worth the walk up the hill to see. we got the same bus back into the city centre but not before being accosted by a taxi driver who tried we think to convince us that there was no bus back to Luoyang and was still trying even when the bus pulled in behind him.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb