Fireworks


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hebei » Tangshan » Zunhua
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Did you know that the Chinese invented fireworks ? This being said, you can imagine that a lot of fireworks are manufactured here (along with most other things), that the Chinese really like fireworks, and they are pretty easy to purchase.

There are very impressive displays of fireworks during holidays and the New Year celebration, and I'm looking forward to being dazzled in October during Golden Week.

Fireworks are also used a lot every day, in a surprising number of situations. In Chinese tradition, fireworks are set off to scare away bad spirits. When a new building is being constructed, fireworks are set off periodically throughout the process to keep away the bad spirits. Fireworks are also set off when the buildling is officially opened as one last precaution. Fireworks are used during weddings and family celebrations as well.

There is a lot of construction happening in the town in which I live. They are really trying to build up the area because there are a number of factories nearby. This means that at all hours of the day, not just evening when it's dark, fireworks are going off. It's a little bit alarming, because it kind of seems like the town is constantly under attack with series of explosions being heard at least twice a day, generally more. It's only 10 a.m. and I've already heard fireworks twice. It would probably be more enjoyable if the fireworks were the big showy kind that change color, but the type they use to scare spirits away from buildings tend to be white, shapeless and relatively low to the ground.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb