Kung Fu and Rock Climbing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
April 28th 2006
Published: July 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We decided to be active today and go rock climbing with Noah and Seb, who were leaving in a few days so they wanted to do some Yangshao touristy things. Yangshao has some of the best climbing in China, the mountains are amazing to look at - they kinda all have this rounded top that you don't really find in Europe. We met at our climbing instructor, Echo, cafe, and she gave us all our shoes - that you can't wear with socks or you might fall, and climbing gear etc. We got a little mini bus out of town and then were faced with this rock face...sure there we had been thinking that we would just go to a straight-ish wall with a couple of foot holds and hand holds sticking out....hmmm, apparently not! So we geared up and set off climbing...it is pretty hard but once you get the hang of it it's so much fun. You really feel like you have done something when you scale halfway up a big cliff (well I do anyway!). The abseiling down was so much fun as well, you just tend to bounce off the rock and into signs (if you are me that is).
Dan and Noah managed to do the really hard climb, where you had to climb up and then out from a jutting rock to go further. Echo demonstrated it without any harness and literally just seemed to fly up the rock. The other instructor also did a demonstration for his student and was just jumping and flipping himself from one part to another. Was a brilliant day, so enjoyed it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb