Chilling in Mt. DanXia


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shaoguan
November 10th 2007
Published: December 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After arriving in Hong Kong on October 31, we spent time seeing friends and relatives. We were also a bit disturbed by our lengthy jet-lag, which took days to recover.

From November 3 to 5, we spent time in Shenzhen and Guangzhou. In Shenzhen, we met up with Gary's nephews Frank and Ken.

This is our first visit to Guangzhou on our own, our previous visits were with tours or relatives. We found a private apartment on the web (www.homtel.cn) and enjoyed our two nights stay. The apartment is close to the subway, clean and has laundry facilities. We found Guangzhou cleaner than our last visit in 1999. We found its subway a bit confusing on our first ride on its Y shaped line. Other subway lines are fine. We went shopping at "Upper-Lower Ninth" and the TianHe sports center.

From November 6 to November 10, we met up with 2 friends and went from Guangzhou to DanXia Mountain. After this trip, which we enjoyed so much, we would go again with Phyllis' sisters about 1 week later.

So, we will leave most of the details about DanXia mountain in the next blog.

What we wanted to mention is that we met a lady from the Shaoguan-Danxia Mountain bus, who offered us accommodation at her guesthouse at DanXia Mountain at Y50 per room. We checked it out and were pleasantly surprised by the cleaniless of the guesthouse and we gladly stayed for 3 nights. The owner, whom we called Big Sister Ho, is very nice and we stayed at her guesthouse on our second trip.

On November 10, Phyllis went to her high school celebration and met approximately 20 of her high school (same graduating class) classmates. One of her classmate is a grandmother of a one-year old. Another one is a mother of a 6-year old. What a pleasant surprise !

[Click here for photos]



Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb