Gobble Gobble in Chinese is


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
November 24th 2011
Published: April 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

All of usAll of usAll of us

Check out the food!
This year a few friends got together for a small Thanksgiving dinner. One friend hosted/organized it, another friend (with a larger living room) hosted it. We all prepared (or bought) foods that are traditionally served at an American Thanksgiving. I took homemade applesauce, Rachel person brought squash and green bean casserole, someone else brought a pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream (she brought the filling from the US last summer), and our second host made mashed potatoes in a wok. We didn't have a turkey (or 'fire chicken' as they call it in Chinese) since they're hard to find and quite expensive, but the organizer's mother (who was visiting from the US) stopped in Hong Kong and got us a ham.

We all ate until we could eat no more, and then ate some more. I think I ate the most of anyone, which is impressive considering the company I was in. After a few hours of stuffing ourselves and lots of laugter and good conversation, we packed up what few leftovers we had and went out into the cool night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 78; dbt: 0.222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb