Adoption Day


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
June 20th 2007
Published: June 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Waiting for our turnWaiting for our turnWaiting for our turn

Gloria and Mia waiting for the official family adoption photo shoot.
I can officially report that Mia is a top-notch sleeper. We put her down at 9:00 pm last night, and she slept straight through until 6:30 am this morning. I hope this is a sign of things to come! We had an early breakfast - first Mia had her bottle in the room and then we went down for the buffet. She had a little trouble getting started on the bottle, and only finished about half. I still have some work to do on figuring out her eating habits. She was great in the restaurant though. I actually managed to eat with both hands -- she was nestled into my chest while sitting in her baby carrier. She sure likes being held! And she kept busy checking out the other babies at the nearby tables while we enjoyed another wonderful breakfast.

We left at 8:45 to go back to the Provincial Civil Affairs Office. It ended up being a long morning for everyone. We spent almost three hours there while each family went through two interviews with adoption officials and signed the paperwork. From the Chinese government’s the adoption is complete - Mia is mine.

My first impression
Mia's ToyMia's ToyMia's Toy

Mia and her favorite toy
of Mia was right on - she was a trooper again. She observed and played and giggled most of the morning. One official commented on what a good baby she was during the interview. She got fussy near here feeding time and we tried the bottle again. After a few tries, Cheri finally figured out the secret - she likes to be rocked. Once Cheri started rocking her, she took the bottle and sucked down the whole thing.
We thankfully have the rest of the afternoon and tomorrow morning free, so we have time to relax before the next round of official paperwork.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Aunt Cheri and MiaAunt Cheri and Mia
Aunt Cheri and Mia

Aunt Cheri gets a giggle out of Mia
Aunt Judy and MiaAunt Judy and Mia
Aunt Judy and Mia

Aunt Judy and Mia pose for the camera


20th June 2007

So cute!
21st June 2007

Congratulations
Congratulations. It sounds like everything is going well! I can't wait to talk to you and get some pointers for our trip over next year. Mia looks very happy and it seems like she is adjusting well. See, she was the baby you were waiting for when all those snags in the system occured. Hopefully I can keep my own advice in mind when I start to get frustrated. Stay safe! Mike and Brandi Lambert
21st June 2007

What a cutie!
I am so glad that your match day has come. Mia sounds wonderful. I can't wait to meet her! Enjoy the rest of your time there in China and have a safe trip home!
21st June 2007

Very cute!
She is very cute and Mom is beaming!! I'm really enjoying your blog - I look forward to your entries!!

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb