Mask Making


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
June 28th 2017
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

My class and I went to an art school/college yesterday. Our bus was driving through the gates when we noticed a digital sign out the front of the school saying ‘Welcome Cairns Hinterland students’. Then as we were getting off the bus I pointed out a printed sign that had our faces and a written welcome on it. The school had a large cemented courtyard with several basketball hoops. One of the teachers at the art school took us into a classroom. A couple of students, maybe two years older than us, were sitting at looms. Every student had sketched out a pattern on a piece of material that they were embroidering. All of their works were absolutely amazing. I really hope we can have embroidering lessons at our school because I aspire to be able to do pieces as good as the ones I saw at that art school.

Later on we took an elevator up to the 6th floor to look through some clothes designing rooms. The clothing teacher couldn’t get enough photos of my class. We also had two other cameramen following us around. The art school has been trying to keep traditional wear and art works going because less and less people have been interested in them. The garments that the students had created were stunning. Every detail had been closely examined, but I still preferred the Western male suits than the Chinese male suits.



Autumn


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb