In Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 8th 2016
Published: September 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We are here safely, arrived at 7.00am this morning. Departed Chch 10.50am yesterday, right on time and arrived in Singapore about 5.00pm. About a 10 hour flight with a four hour time difference. Singapore Airlines always do it well, plenty of good food and nothing is a bother, and the time passed quite quickly despite spending half the trip flying over Aus! Had an 8 hour layover in Singapore, so had booked a room in the transit hotel for 6 hours. Had a shower and hopped into bed for at least 5 hours sleep which really helped. Then on the flight to Beijing at 1.10am.
Met at the airport by our lovely Chinese guide Miranda who told us her nickname is "Happy Apple". She speaks excellent English, laughs a lot and is extra friendly. She will be with us throughout the tour. It's a big group, 37 in total with 8 Kiwis and most of the rest are Canadian. Today everyone is arriving in dribs and drabs and because we got here early we've all day to rest up before we start in earnest. The city is home to 23 million people and tomorrow we see a couple of the Olympic venues from 2008, go to Tianamen square, the largest square in the world, and get into the forbidden city. In the evening we go to the Beijing Opera. Not sure about that but will let you know tomorrow! Aiming to have a few pics up next time.
Rosie is feeling much better and looking forward to what's ahead
Bye for now!

Advertisement



10th September 2016

?
Glad to hear the journey went well, sounds like things are off to a great start. Looking forward to the next entry, maybe some pics too...?
10th September 2016

Good to know you are receiving. Will be in touch

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb