Beijing, the old north capital !


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
February 19th 2013
Published: October 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Beijing...The forbidden city, the great wall, the Tian'anmen place...A lot of famous places!

We arrived by the airport, we took the subway, it cost around 3€ to go to the city centre, very affordable !

The metro inside the city just cost 2 yuans (0,25€) ! It's very cheap, and you can change of metro until you go out !

The streets are just huge, and most of the time, you don't have crosswalks...even if there are, people just don't respect the red lights, so you have to be very careful when you cross a street, and eventually cross in many times.

First, we went to Wangfujin street, kinda replica of the "champs élysée", a lot of unafordable shops like rolex, and others...

In a street just next to, you have typical chinese stores, but prices are very high !

If you feel like a brave, you can try the skewered spiders/seahorse/sea star/ snakes...a lot of differents very special meal. We just didn't try...They just take its alive, and jab them, and go to the frying, just horrible...

You have huge malls around, like 10 levels, you can find whatever you want, but it's
always expensive...

There are a lot of parks in Beijing, all paying...between 2 and 5 yuans. The Beijing park is very huge, and you have an amusent park inside! Of course, you have to pay for each game.

We went there for the new year, so in february. The lakes were frozen, you could walk on some, very funny and amazing !

If you arrive to the forbidden city by the subway, you'll arrive directly to the Tina amen place. It's very huge with a huge crowd on it !

At one point, you have the Mao's mausoleum, around 2h of lines to enter it, just walk in a line to "see" him barely 30 seconds.

On the other point, you have the entrance of the forbidden city, just walk between the walls and enter the city !

You buy the tickets on the right, then enter just in front of. Not so clever...

Once inside, it's a lot of places one after all looks like the same. But really amazing! Very rich in colour and design. I really recommend you to go to the different buildings on each part. You can't enter in, but see from the doors, it's well conserved and you have old Chinese traditional stuff all around.

There is a lot of people visiting it, amost all Chinese. Sights can't be seen because there's too many people. Try to go there in the morning.

At the end of the forbidden city you have the royal garden, very clean and nice. People try to throw coins in certain monuments.

And after this, the real royal garden, huge and so gorgeous! A little climb on the hill, and you have a view on the forbidden city...seems nice, but because of the pollution, you can't really see so far...too bad !

In Beijing you have a lot of temples, like heaven, earth, fire, water. They're all very enjoyable, you meet people (especially old ones) making exercises or just playing some kind of Chinese chess, talking together...parks and temples are like meeting places. We are far from European places where people don't speak together, or even play...



If you go to China, you just can't miss Beijing! It's full of history, and lovely places.

Just be careful about the tenacity of Chinese people always trying to sell you stuff!

If you go to Beijing, I recommend you to go to Shanghai or even Xi'an


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb