Beijing Photo Album (part 2)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
June 28th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Here's another selection of photos from out and about in Beijing. Many are from the Temple of Heaven which was just incredible. Hope you like them!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Bridge of SumsBridge of Sums
Bridge of Sums

This one's for all you mathematicians out there. I mean what better way to decorate a bridge than with some whopping great equations?
Batman RevealedBatman Revealed
Batman Revealed

Glynn gets more than he bargained for when someone in this tattoo parlour spots something colourful lurking under the sleeve of his t-shirt. These guys just went nuts for Glynn's Batman and Joker tattoo.
Tripod HeadsTripod Heads
Tripod Heads

This was supposed to be a beauty mall but Glynn couldn't help wondering if something more sinister was going on here...
The Great Beijing Obstacle CourseThe Great Beijing Obstacle Course
The Great Beijing Obstacle Course

Note: railing on the left, then tree followed by phone booth. Now either the Chinese people are even tinier than we first believed or this is pavement planning gone mad!
Cultural RevolutionCultural Revolution
Cultural Revolution

Jude and Jish take in some local culture in the park by the Temple of Heaven.
Chipmunk HeavenChipmunk Heaven
Chipmunk Heaven

Looks like musicians aren't the only ones enjoying the Temple of Heaven park. This cheeky chappy bounced around for ages before I could get a decent shot!
Emperor Harris ArrivesEmperor Harris Arrives
Emperor Harris Arrives

Glynn demonstrates how the Emperor would have made his way to the Temple of Heaven in the olden days - Fonzie style...
The Temple of Good HarvestThe Temple of Good Harvest
The Temple of Good Harvest

Impressive building, wouldn't you agree? That's Jude waving from the middle balcony in front of the temple!
Glynn Pops InGlynn Pops In
Glynn Pops In

50 points for the best caption to this photos...any suggestions?
HellooooooooHelloooooooo
Helloooooooo

Jude pops up to say hello!
All AloneAll Alone
All Alone

Glynn manages to escape the hoards of tourists at last.
Knockin' On Heaven's DoorKnockin' On Heaven's Door
Knockin' On Heaven's Door

This is the 70 year old door which is so-called not because it's only 70 years old but because it can only be used by an emperor when he reaches 70 years of age. It's basically a shortcut to the Temple of Good Harvest for when your knees get too knackered for the long walk there!
Pillars of HeavenPillars of Heaven
Pillars of Heaven

Nice bit of dragon on a pillar for you...
At the LeoAt the Leo
At the Leo

This is in the corridor outside our room at the Leo Hostel in beijing. Looks nice but all those plants are actually plastic!
Our Room at the LeoOur Room at the Leo
Our Room at the Leo

We really don't miss this hostel at all and although this room wasn't great, it was luxury compared to the first room we had.
Short Back and SidesShort Back and Sides
Short Back and Sides

This is the hairdresser from the salon next to the hostel. She was fascinated by our piercings and would get excited and come and see us every time we went by.


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb