Short Note


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
May 24th 2010
Published: May 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Last night, my friend here at the local law school, Fey, took me off the beaten path to a Szechaun (sp) restaurant. We sat outside on stools that were no taller than 10 inches. Very good food. We then sat outside on the steps of the law school, ate watermelon (it seems they LOVE watermelon here) and we just talked about China, the US, and worldly/life events. Getting other perspectives about all of these things is just so cool, particularly being here in her home country. Between class and Fey, I learned more about China yesterday than I ever thought I would.

Today, we go to the National People's Congress, which is... you guessed it... their national legislature. It's a rather big deal we are going because they are only in session for 3 months or so of the year.

Hope all is well back in the States.

Jason

Advertisement



28th May 2010

You must feel at home.
They love watermelon? Ha, you have to feel right at home there...jk. Good stuff so far. So are people convinced you're an athlete of some sort? Oh, random nutritional note: a slice of watermelon has more potassium than a banana. Feel free to share that with your Chinese comrades. Sounds like a good time (and a bargain too)...live it up, bro.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb