2008 Beijing Olympics - China's Proud Moment


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
December 3rd 2009
Published: December 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was a wonderful time to be in Beijing during the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics. The entire city was decorated with Olympics logos and colours and the news of China’s wins were broadcasted in public buildings. Every place with a TV screen was crowded with people cheering for the China team. It was a big display of national pride for the Chinese.

We managed to get tickets for the table tennis match (3rd place play off Japan Vs Hong Kong and South Korea vs USA) and the baseball match between USA and Japan. The atmosphere was great with co-ordinated loud cheering for the teams the crowds are supporting and sometimes it was more enjoyable than the matches itself.

It was a big achievement for China to host the event and to come in first in the medal tally with 51 golds and the USA at second with 36 golds. This is the first time an Asian country has topped the medal table.

8.8.2008 at 8pm was the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. 8 is conserved a lucky number for the Chinese and they make sure there was enough of the luck number in the date.

Note: The contents (text and photos) of this article remain the copyright of the Author, Jenny. Under no circumstances should the photos or text be used without the express written permission of the Author. Please contact the Author by leaving a message if you wish to use or publish photos or text from this article.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb